When you've installed LEAPWORK on a Virtual Machine and you're trying to do a test connection on an environment, you may receive an error message "Your remote desktop services session has ended" in the following situations:
- The LEAPWORK Studio, Controller and Agent are installed on the same machine and you're using a remote desktop to connect to this machine.
- You're trying to connect to the Agent with the same "user account" that is currently being used. The login will happen, however, that will end the remote desktop session. And, if you're able to retrieve the session, you will be logged out of the environment. This happens because there can be only 1 active connection to the Agent at a time so the other one is automatically dropped.
This means that you will see a login screen instead of the video for the tests being executed. The Web cases will be executed however the "Desktop UI" and "Image & Text Recognition" based tests will fail.
To be able to keep the remote session and connect to the Agent in the edit environment user needs to:
- Create another Window user account. See how to do that here.
- Create a remote Agent environment filling in the hostname of the remote machine (with the Agent) and other relevant data.
- Click test connection. You will see a choice of user accounts. You need to select the one that you have just created and log in.
Now you are logged in until you explicitly log out or until other user tries to connect to the Agent with the same user account.
If this issue continues, please contact our Priority Support.