Leapwork's Trial Version has all the features that are available in the paid version(Platform and Enterprise edition) and is available to real-time users to try and test the product for initial analysis. Once the trial period has elapsed and the user is looking to migrate to Platform edition with the data created during the trial period, the following steps would need to be followed.
Due to the difference in the Database structure of the Trial version and Platform version, direct migration is not possible from the Trial to the Platform version, however, it is possible to do the same from the Trial to the Enterprise edition.
What is an alternative solution?
Using the Export Flows functionality from the Studio on a Trial version and the Import of Flows on the Platform version users can retain the flows that they have created during the trial period.
What can be migrated?
All Flows and Sub-Flows only, please note SAP flows created in the trial version are not available in Platform version as SAP is Enterprise version feature only.
What can not be migrated?
Run lists, Schedules, Execution results(Reporting), dashboards, etc.
How to do it?
- On the trial version - Open Studio and Export all flow (excluding the SAP flows/or the flows that contain SAP blocks). For more about export-import, click here
- Navigate to the controller settings on the studio, right-click and copy the DB Encryption and close the Studio.
- Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard, to open the Run window. Then, type "services.msc" and hit Enter or press OK. The services app window will open. Find the Leapwork Controller Service, stop the same, and take Backup of Database Assets.
- Uninstall Leapwork, Remove the database files from the Leapwork installation location(default location- C:\Program Files\LEAPWORK)
- Launch the Windows registry. Click Start, click Run and enter regedit, click OK.
- Navigate to the path- Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LEAPWORK and remove the Leapwork registry folder from the registry editor.
- Install Leapwork and activate it using the Platform key. For more about Platform installation and activation, click here.
- Import the already exported flows(please refer to the link above to know how to import).
- The process is now complete.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.