The Leapwork Controller is the central component in the Leapwork Automation Platform. The Studio is depending on it to gain access to all the flows and related assets. The Controller also manages the Agents used for executing the automation flows.
It is possible to have multiple controllers and the user can switch among all the controllers from the Studio. However, it is important to note, that each Controller has its own list of users and access levels. In order for a user to access a Controller, the user must have a user account on the Controller.
If a user has access to multiple controllers, the user can switch to a controller of his choice from the Leapwork Studio itself. However, only one controller will remain connected at a time from the Studio.
Steps to switch to a different controller
- Open Leapwork Studio
- Go to Settings >> Controller Settings:
- Add the new Controller using the 'New' button available in the Controller settings section:
- The Controller available in the network would automatically populate in the dropdown as an available controller. However, if the controller is not already listed, the user can manually put the controller IP address and specify the port. The login username and password also needs to be specified. For more details please refer to the article: https://support.leapwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032262872-How-can-I-to-connect-to-controller-
- After specifying the settings, save the controller information.
- Click to select the required controller and then click on the connect button from the top menu.
- You will now be connected to the other controller and all assets i.e. the Flows, Run Lists, Schedules, etc. will be loaded from that controller.
- If you need to switch back, simply select the other controller and connect.
Note: Please save all your modified Flows, Settings, Run Lists, etc, before switching to the other controller otherwise the changes will be lost.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.