- Take a backup of Assets: Follow the "How to Backup and Restore Leapwork database" Article to take backup
- Make sure you remember your Leapwork admin password or create a new admin: Please read this article for more information
- Backup your database keys: Described in this article Database key backup
Note: it's very important that the user follow all the above steps before performing the below steps
Create a Test Environment
It's advisable to have a separate environment to test the pre-release build.
How to create a test environment :
- Have two separate machines one for Studio and another for Controller and Agent
- Make sure the above two machines are on the same network and firewall as your production environment
Installing and Restoring data
- Click on the link (Provide link) and download the pre-release build on Studi and Controller machine
- Go to your Studio test machine and install Leapwork Studio
- Similarly, Install Controller and Agent on Controller Test machine
- On the controller, start the test case restoring process by following this article
- Stop the Leapwork Controller windows service.
- Replace all the Assets library.
- Start the Leapwork Controller windows service.
- Open Leapwork studio and enter the Encryption key for DB.
Now user should get the test cases and we are ready for testing.
What to test:
- Connectivity: There should be no connectivity issue between Studio Controller and Agent
- Saving: Test should be able to save and version history should be created
- Export/ Import: user should be able to import and export
- Schedules: Schedule should work as configured
- Test Execution: Test execution should be as per test definition (run Virtual web and desktop tests to verify)
- Test Data and elements: Test data is intact and there is no change in Images, Web and desktop elements
- Subflows: Subflow should be intact and there is no change in their versions
Upgrading Production environment
If all the above test results expected outcome then the user can simply upgrade the build
If you have any questions, contact our Priority Support.