Due to the unavailability of some windows components, users may face issues while running a Desktop UI/Virtual Desktop case. For instance, when the test(s) is/are running on windows server machines it doesn't get executed and ends with a Failed message in the action logs (as shown below).
User can easily resolve this issue by following below steps:
- Login to the server machine using valid credentials.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box, or open the Command Prompt. Type ServerManager and press Enter.
- Select Features from the left pane, and then click on Add Features to open Add features Wizard (as shown below):
- In Add Features Wizard, select Features from the left pane, search for the Desktop Experience, enable it by clicking the check box and complete the setup.
- In case of Windows Server 2012, please enable the Desktop Experience settings by first navigating to the Features tab on the left and then to the 'User Interfaces and Infrastructure'. Please refer the below screenshot
Note: In case the Desktop Experience feature is not installed, users are required to install it by clicking on the Install button at the bottom.
Windows 7 machine
If user faces the issue above mentions issues while executing Virtual cases in Windows 7, then Windows 7 users must update windows to the latest available updates to resolve all issues during Virtual cases execution.
Windows 10 N machine
Windows 10 N by default does not include Desktop Experience features and so to be able to enable these features user need to update the windows, but before that, the user needs to check their windows version and then choose the suitable package to update, here is the article explaining which package to choose based on your current windows version, remember to restart windows after installation. The Microsoft KB - KB4057437 update has to be applied to get this feature enabled.
Once windows are updated properly user need to follow the same steps as mention in the Windows Servers section above to enable the Desktop Experience.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.