A log, in a computing context, is the automatically produced and time-stamped documentation of events relevant to a particular application/service.
Leapwork application generates ten types of logs for its three components, these logs come in handy for debugging the error in case of user observes any anomaly in the expected behavior of a component. The different logs are described below in detail:
- Agent: agent.log file is used to collect logs from Leapwork Agent.
- Controller: controller.log file is used to collect logs from Leapwork Controller.
- Studio: studio.log file is used to collect logs from Leapwork Studio.
- sap_recorder: sap_recorder.log file would be created when SAP application is being configured with Leapwork.
- green-screen: green-screen.log file would be created when the Mainframe application is configured with Leapwork.
- pdf_controller: pdf_controller.log file would be created when Adobe is configured with Leapwork.
- Java_controller: java_controller.log file would be created when the desktop applications using java applications are being configured with Leapwork.
- InternetExplorer_Service: InternetExplorer_Service.log file would be created when the IE add-on is configured with Leapwork.
- Java-adapter: java-adapter.log file would be created when the java based application is automated with Leapwork.
- abbyy_controller: abbyy_controller.log file would be created when the abbyy engine would be configured with the Leapwork.
Note: To understand more about Agent, Controller and Studio please click here.
Generally, when the user installs Leapwork it gets installed in the 'C' drive under program files, the exact path for log files, in this case, is: "C:\Program Files\LEAPWORK\Logs", but there might be a condition where the user has defined custom path for logs, in this case, the user needs to check config file of the corresponding component to check the log file path (to know more please read How to change log file location in Leapwork).
Note: Recent logs for the current and the previous day are maintained in the text files shown. The archive folder contains all the previous logs from the time of installation.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.