Testing application in a particular resolution is a challenging task and we have seen many users having difficulties in running tests with a fixed resolution. Below are a few best practices to follow to set Agent resolution.
- Have a "Service account" or "Dedicated user" for all agent connections: A remote Agent machine can be connected by multiple users before and after test execution, this can create numerous challenges like:
So, it is recommended to use one service account for a single dedicated user to connect to all Agent machines with the same resolution
- Changing the expected resolution, as a remote desktop connection will force Agent to adopt the resolution of the machine from which the connection request is made, and if the resolution is higher or lower then the test will fail.
- Closing the remote session in between the test resulting in a test failure
- Keep Agent resolution the same in all Studio(s) configurations (environment settings) : In case multiple users are using Agent machine(s) then make sure that all users keep the same resolution defined for Agent in Leapwork environment configuration (keep it Native or choose a specific resolution)
- Control Agent machine resolution by setting it manually: In case users are not able to set any specific resolution from 'Screen Resolution' dropdown then see below steps to set it manually:
- Go to Leapwork Environments, enter all required details (keep the default screen resolution - Native resolution) and click on 'Test connection'
- On the above screen right click on the desktop to open display settings.
- Click "Advanced display settings" link to open display settings
On the display settings window choose the required resolution and click Apply.
- Confirm the resolution selection, close all windows, and press close button to close the test connection window.
Note: User has to connect to the above agent machine keeping the default "Screen Resolution" parameter - "Native Resolution", otherwise the resolution will change.
With the above steps, Agent machine is now set to a specific resolution. User has to make sure that the above-mentioned point 1 and 2 are followed so that the resolution remains the same under all conditions.
For any specific query, please contact our Priority Support.