Your remote desktop services session has ended error message is displayed in following situations:
- The LEAPWORK Studio, Controller and Agent installed on the same machine and you are using a remote desktop to connect to this machine.
- You are trying to connect to the Agent with the same "user account" that you are currently using. The login will happen, however that will end the remote desktop session. And, if you are able to retrieve the session, you will logged out of the environment. This happens because there can be only 1 active connection to the Agent at a time so the other one is automatically dropped.
This means that you will see a login screen instead of the video for the tests being executed. The Web cases will be executed however the "Desktop UI" and "Image & Text Recognition" based tests will fail.
To be able to keep the remote session and connect to the Agent in the edit environment you need to:
- Create another Window user account. See how to do that here.
- Create a remote Agent environment filling in the hostname of the remote machine (with the Agent) and other relevant data.
- Click test connection. You will see a choice of user accounts. You need to to select the one that you have just created and log in.
Now you are logged in until you explicitly log out or until other user tries to connect to the Agent with the same user account.
If this issue continues, please contact our Priority Support.