"Set Web Dropdown" block works on dropdown with standard select options, if the "Set Web Dropdown" block is not working for you then you probably have a custom implementation for drop-down.
To check drop-down implementation in your application by pressing the F12 key on your browser and inspect the drop-down web element, if <select> option is missing then it is probably custom implementation.
Drop-down can be handled by using the "Click Web Element" block as shown below:
Below is an example of a custom drop-down
To capture Drop-down values please follow the below steps
- Select "Capture new web element" and choose the locator to click on the drop-down
- Now use the second "Click Web Element" block to capture your options, for that press "Capture new web element" then you will be navigated to the drop-down menu but here you will not be able to select any options in the drop-down as capture mode will not allow you to choose drop-down options, to choose drop-down options follow below steps
- Press the Escape key to disable capture mode
- Now click on the drop-down and navigate to the option you want to choose
- Press CTRL+F1 to enable capture mode and pick your option from the drop-down
Please note you may have to select "Scroll to find" down as shown below in case you have to search for an option in the drop-down.
Note: Drop-down selection can be made dynamic by choosing the correct locator strategy with the usage of a token as shown below, here we are looking for "a" tag equals "CSS" and this value can be fetched dynamically.
Passing dynamic values
For any clarification, please contact our support Priority Support.