Port 6777 is the default port of communication between Leapwork Controller and Agent(s). Some of the possible reasons for this error are:
- Leapwork Agent service is not installed or Leapwork Agent service is stopped.
- The internal firewall blocks the connection on port 6777 between Leapwork Controller and the Agent.
- Leapwork Agent server is down
Please follow these steps to fix this issue.
- Check if the Leapwork Agent service is installed and running on the machine that Studio attempts to contact.
- Open a “Run” window by pressing the keys
- Type “services.msc” and click “OK”
- Find “Leapwork Agent” in the list of services
- Agent Service not Installed: If you can’t find “Leapwork Agent” in the list of services, it means that agent service is not installed on the machine. You can install Leapwork Agent by downloading it from https://account.leapwork.com/downloads. Always ensure to have the same version of Leapwork installed everywhere: Studio, Controller and Agents.
- Agent Service Installed: If "Leapwork Agent" service is there then Right-click the service and click “Start” if it is not in the “Running” state. If it is already running, then click “Restart”.
- Check your firewall setting and try adding port 6777 in exception to allow Leapwork to communicate, in case you are not able to do it yourself, please have your operations team help you open the firewall or change the port using the Environment’s settings:
- Check Leapwork Agent server is running by pinging hostname, if it is down try starting it, else contact your IT department.
If this issue continues, please contact our Priority Support.