LEAPWORK is designed to fully support Java desktop applications, allowing users to capture any control inside of Java applications. However, some users have experienced that LEAPWORK capture technology doesn't work with a Java application built with Java versions 6 and 7. In order to correct any capture control issues with Java version 6 and 7 applications, follow the following installation steps:
- Install JDK/JRE on your Studio and Agent machine
- Change the PATH of your java.exe to system Environment variables (variable Path).
The PATH is the system variable that your operating system uses to locate the needed executables from the command line. Here is how to set it:
- From the Control Panel, select System
- Select Advanced system settings
- Select Environment variables
- In the System Variables section, click on the New button in the User variables field
Specify the value of PATHin Variable name
- Copy the path of the bin folder
- Paste the path of the bin folder in the Variable value field
- Click OK
The path is now permanently set and the final result should look something like this:
- After that, install LEAPWORK Studio with Administrator privileges.
Note: This article does not apply to Java apps built-in Java versions 8 or higher.
For any clarification, contact our Priority Support.