It is perfectly acceptable to deactivate a license to move it to another Controller machine or to remove all agents from one Controller and add it to another Controller.
In both cases you will need to deactivate the licenses to free up the Controllers and Agents. Deactivation is always done from Studio by selecting the license to deactivate and then click 'Deactivate'. Please follow below steps to deactivate your license:
Here is how it is done:
Go to Settings --> License Management --> Click on Deactivate button
- Go to LEAPWORK Setting, click on the License management as shown below
- You will see the license information being displayed in the studio as shown below
- Click on the Deactivate icon
- You will get a Deactivate License Key popup with a link to complete the deactivation process
- Click on this link(pointed by arrow above) and a popup will open stating that the license key has been deactivated on the Controller as shown below
- Click on OK and you have deactivated your LEAPWORK License successfully.
- After the deactivation of LEAPWORK is successful, you will be redirected to a browser window which will show you the License key of the LEAPWORK in case you want to activate LEAPWORK again in future.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.