While doing an installation of LEAPWORK Controller, the user may get an Error Message "Service 'LEAPWORK Controller' failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."
This issue is related to administrator rights on the machine for installation of software and user should check that the sufficient rights are provided to the user account from which installation is being performed.
Irrespective of the privileges, sometimes this behavior is also observed when the host is using some antivirus or specific settings in windows defender/firewall or there is certain domain policy applied when connected to the network. Ideally, the service is getting timed out before starting up.
Please follow below steps if the error is observed during installation even when the user account has administrator rights:
- Go to Start > Run > and type regedit
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- With the control folder selected, right-click in the pane on the right and select new DWORD Value
- Name the new DWORD: ServicesPipeTimeout
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify
- Click Decimal, type '180000', and then click OK
- Restart the computer
- Open 'Services' and check LEAPWORK Controller service should be up and running.
If this issue continues, please contact our Priority Support.