What is a Test Suite?
- Test suite is a container that has a set of tests that helps testers in executing and reporting the test execution status.
- A Test case can be added to multiple test suites and test plans. After creating a test plan, test suites are created which in turn can have any number of tests.
- Test suites are created based on the cycle or based on the scope. It can contain any type of test, viz - functional or Non-Functional.
To create a Test Suite you need to have your desired flows in a specified folder which is called a Test Suite.
- If you are working with test automation, you can think of a Run List as a test suite. It’s a group of flows that should be run together.
- Leapwork contains two great features to help you get productive with unattended automation: Run Lists and the Scheduler.
How to Run your Test Suite?
Step 1: Go to Run List in Leapwork Studio.
Step 2: Click on New Button then you can either select New Run list or Folder. If you select Folder as an option then you there will folder created with your specified name and under that folder, you create a New Run list. If you select the New Run list you directly add the flow folders or individual flows to your Run list.
Step 3: Once you click on the Add flows button then it would open up a pop where you can select the folder or individual flow as shown below.
- Step 4: When you click on the Add flow button in the runlist step it would open all the flow that are present in your studio and you can either add a folder or the individual flow and add button in the pop then it would add the flow or the folder which you have selected to the runlist.
Once the flows or Folder is added to the step in you will be able to see the details of the flow which are added in as below.
In case, you have any queries regarding how to create Run List or add steps to your Run List. Please click here to know more about Run Lists. You can create any number of steps in a runlist and repeat the same procedure for adding a flow or folder.
Step 6: Schedule your Test Suite as per your requirement. Please click here to know more about how to Schedule a Runlist.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.