LEAPWORK provides the reporting and dashboards experiences as an inbuilt property where user can visualize the different results of the test flow execution based upon the custom conditions defined as filter by and group by criteria.
Though some of the users heavily rely on third-party tools like PowerBI for analytics purpose as a part of their existing frameworks and want to perform analytics around the automation flows executed in LEAPWORK through these tools itself.
LEAPWORK empowers its user to use its capabilities to integrate it with PowerBI for more intuitive analytics for the automation test flows execution.
To do so, please follow the below steps:
1. Go to LEAPWORK Studio and navigate to the Reporting section.
2. Create your customized reports based upon the filter criteria and export them in to excel format by clicking on export as shown in the screenshot below:
3. After exporting the report into excel format, open the exported excel file and format it into a table as shown below:
4. After formatting of the table is been completed, Save the excel file.
5. Open the PowerBI desktop application, and import the excel from LEAPWORK by clicking on the Excel option as shown in the screenshot below:
6. After the excel is been connected, a navigator will open where the user needs to connect to the table by selecting the checkbox and then click on the Load option as shown in the screenshot below:
7. After the data is been loaded into the model successfully, the user needs to verify by clicking on the data section of PowerBI(or model section) by clicking on the option below:
8. Navigate to the report section in PowerBI and select the different visualizations offered by PowerBI for analytics purpose by selecting the same in Visualization category. Also, different filters in the visualization category can be provided based upon which the specific representation of BI will be visible as shown in the screenshot below:
9. In this way, LEAPWORK users can empower themselves to perform data analytics in a more intuitive form by creating different layouts based upon different filter criteria specific to PowerBI as shown below:
10. Also, users can publish these visualizations into their workspace and then can export into the formats like PDF and PPT etc.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.