During the installation of the LEAPWORK agent, the LEAPWORK users are asked to set an agent password so as to make the agent configuration process more robust and secure.
But, few times the LEAPWORK users forgot the agent password that is been set at the time of installation of the agent component of the LEAPWORK.
To handle this scenario, LEAPWORK user can try one of the below approaches:
1. Reinstall the Agent component of LEAPWORK and then set the password for the agent configuration again at the time of installation.
2. Go to the Registry Editor and then navigate to the path:
Under this path, the user will find the existing component by the name AgentPassword with the corresponding password value as shown below:
Sometimes, the AgentPassword in the registry editor is visible in an encrypted manner. If so, then the second approach will not work.
In that case, resetting the password is possible only through the re-installation process. But if the LEAPWORK user is not looking mandatorily for setting the password, then the agent password can be made blank without re-installing the LEAPWORK agent. To do so, please follow the below approach.
1. Go the services.msc and search for the service by the name LEAPWORK Agent and stop the agent service.
2. Now navigate to the LEAPWORK agent installation directory which is C:\Program Files\LEAPWORK\Agent.
3. Take the backup of agent.config before making any changes to the existing agent.config.
4. Now, Open the agent.config.
5. In this configuration file, you will find the variable by the name Password with a corresponding value in an encrypted form.
6. Remove the encrypted password value corresponding to the password field as highlighted in the screenshot below:
7. Save the agent.config file and restart the LEAPWORK agent service.
8. Now go to LEAPWORK studio and try to configure the agent and keep the password field as blank and then try to test the connection.
The connection should get established successfully.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.