LEAPWORK is designed to fully support any other desktop application to be used in parallel with LEAPWORK studio. However, some users have experienced that while using LEAPWORK a few of the application shortcuts don't work. The reason being they collide with the LEAPWORK shortcuts. Here's a list of hotkeys being used in LEAPWORK:
|1.||-||F10||Stop Preview Run|
|2.||Ctrl||F1||Resume Desktop Capture|
|3.||Ctrl||F1||Resume Web Capture|
|4.||Ctrl + Shift||F1||Resume Image Capture|
So these shortcuts in another application may not work as expected if LEAPWORK studio is also running.
Users may wish to continue with the existing shortcuts in other application hence LEAPWORK allows users to configure the hotkeys on their own. Hotkey configuration file for LEAPWORK Studio is located in the folder of the installation directory:
In order to change the hotkey, the user can follow the below steps:
- Close the LEAPWORK Studio, if already running.
- Go to the following path: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\LEAPWORK
- Look for the file, hotkey.config
- Open the file in a text editor such as notepad.
- The configuration file content looks as below:
"Modifier": "Ctrl, Shift"
- Look for the corresponding configuration that needs to be changed, e.g. F10 key has to be replaced with F8.
- Modify the Key/Modifier value with the desired value.
- Save the hotkey file.
- Open LEAPWORK studio and validate that the functionality to stop the Preview run is changed to the new value e.g. F8.
- User can also validate that their application with start working for the corresponding shortcut as expected.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.