LEAPWORK automation software is a stand-alone platform, including all features, and is licensed on an annual subscription basis. In this case, a user can design and run tests on their local machine. This allows the user to get started quickly, but the local machine is blocked while tests are running, as LEAPWORK takes control of the keyboard and mouse. LEAPWORK software includes:
1 x Controller. This is the server that stores all automation assets and orchestrates running and gathering results.
1 x Agent. This is the run-time agent that executes automation cases on virtual machines or in the cloud.
1 Studio. This is the visual designer application that is used to create and maintain automation cases, as well as review the results.
Here is an example of what a single, stand-alone LEAPWORK configuration looks like:
The following steps are to set up a LEAPWORK stand-alone configuration:
- While installing LEAPWORK, choose all three components to install on the same machine. Do this by clicking the drop arrows. For trial purposes, keep the default selection (all three components).
- The Configuration screen contains properties used for one or more of the components. All the settings can be changed afterward in the config files for the individual components: studio\studio.config, controller\controller.config, and agent\agent.config. The files are typically in the installation directory, c:\program files\LEAPWORK\
- Click Next on the configuration screen.
- Specify a password for the default user Admin. The admin user is used for the first log-in to Studio after the installation.
Note, the password you enter for the admin user is securely located in your local installation only. LEAPWORK cannot assist in retrieving this password if you forget it.
- Save the database encryption key, which is used to protect the database files created during the upgrade. This key is used to allow the Controller to gain access to the database files. In case the Controller needs to be moved to a new machine or in case of a restoration of the LEAPWORK system, this key is needed.
- Save the key in a protected and safe place.
- Click Install
- After the installation is complete, click Finish to exit the installer.
- After installing all of the LEAPWORK components, launch LEAPWORK Studio. The Controller will broadcast its location (IP address). As in most cases, Studio already knows the location of the Controller at first start. Log in using the admin user and the password specified during the installation.
- Once logged in as admin, Studio will prompt you to enter the license key.
- To obtain the license key, click the link in the dialogue, which will open a browser and take you to account.leapwork.com. At account.leapwork.com, you will have to log in using your E-mail and the provided password when you signed-up on leapwork.com
- After a successful log-in to leapwork.com, generate a new license key. In Studio, paste the copied license key into the field and click OK. Now, you can immediately start using LEAPWORK since completing the installation
Note: To set up a stand-alone configuration, it is mandatory to install all the three components on the same machine.
Have questions? Contact our Priority Support.