User are unable to work with Mobile emulation on LEAPWORK. We did a thorough investigation and found that, this issue is caused due to bug in ‘Chrome Browser version 67.0.3396.87 - 69.0.3497.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)). Please note that this issue is fixed from Chrome version 70.0.3538.67 onward.
Till the time this bug is fixed by google, LEAPWORK user need to downgrade their Chrome to Version 66 or Upgrade to version 70. This will allow user to create and execute their chrome emulation test.
Steps for switching back to Chrome Version 66 are as follows :
- Uninstall your current chrome version.
- Remove all Chrome data/content from following folder- C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome
- Download Chrome 66 version(64-bit) from following link - 66.0.3359.181 and install it.
- Stop Auto updates for Chrome before launching it. For this open Services and stop the running services for Google Update Service (gupdate) and Google Update Service (gupdatem).
In case these services are getting automatically started, you can disable it using the below steps:
- Open the Run prompt. You can do this by using the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R or searching for Run using Cortana.
- Once it opens, type msconfig and hit Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab.
- You’ll want to look for the two following items: Google Update Service (gupdate) and Google Update Service (gupdatem). To find them, it may be easier to check Hide all Microsoft services.
- Uncheck both Google items and click OK.
- You will be prompted to restart your computer for these changes to take effect.
5. Try to run the test case using mobile device type on the recently installed chrome version-66.
Please note: The bug is only affecting Chrome mobile emulation mode, all Desktop test should work fine with Chrome version 67.0.3396.87.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.