We have enhanced our OCR in LEAPWORK Version 2.5.918, and after this upgrade some users may face issues while running a Desktop UI/Virtual Desktop case.
For instance, when test(s) is/are running on windows server machines it doesn't get executed and ends with Failed message in the action logs (as shown below).
User can easily resolve this issue by following below steps:
- Login to the server machine using valid credentials.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box, or open the Command Prompt. Type ServerManager and press Enter.
- Select Features from the left pane, and then click on Add Features to open Add features Wizard (as shown below):
- In Add Features Wizard, select Features from the left pane, search for the Desktop Experience, enable it by clicking the check box and complete the setup.
- In case of Windows Server 2012, please enable the Desktop Experience settings by first navigating to the Features tab on the left and then to the 'User Interfaces and Infrastructure'. Please refer the below screenshot
Note: In case Desktop Experience feature is not installed, users are required to install it by clicking on the Install button at the bottom.
Windows 7 machine
If user face issue above mention issue while executing Virtual cases in Windows 7, then Windows 7 user must update windows to latest available updates to resolve all issues during Virtual cases execution.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.