ABBYY Engine is a powerful OCR (optical character recognition) engine that converts any type of Images and Text into a large variety of digital formats. With LEAPWORK release V2.5.918, users can now choose between LEAPWORK's proprietary OCR Engine and ABBYY engine for their automation needs.
NOTE: LEAPWORK supports ABBYY Engine version 11 only. For downloading ABBYY FineReader Engine 11, Login is required on ABBYY's website. It is a PAID Engine for which user has to purchase a license from ABBYY, and then download the SDK.
User has to perform the following steps to use ABBYY with LEAPWORK:
Download and install ABBYY FineReader Engine 11
- For downloading please click here, and then download the ABBYY version - FineReader Engine 11 for Windows.
How to get a Login
- Once you download the SDK, please uninstall any previous versions of ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 before installing this version.
- To install ABBYY FineReader Engine 11, a Serial Number is required. Please contact your supplier to acquire a Serial Number.
- To activate the functions of ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 on a computer an Activation file is required. Use the License Manager utility to obtain an Activation file by Internet or e-mail.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip file, click on ABBYY FineReader Engine 11 (64 bit).msi to start the installer.
- As per your OS configuration, select the version you want to install i.e x86 for 32-bit OS and x64 for 64-bit OS, please make sure you install it in default location.
- After installation you are ready to use ABBYY in LEAPWORK.
For more information please visit ABBY's Documentation Page.
How to Use ABBYY engine in Leapwork
Image and Text blocks now have Engine Drop-down to choose between 'Default' OCR or 'ABBYY'. User needs to choose ABBYY in drop-down (as shown below) and execute the block to verify that integration is working.
The Abbyy engine can be used as a part of Image and Text Recognition/Mouse and Keyboard section while Adding a Building block. The blocks which have this feature are:
|Image and Text Recognition||Mouse And Keyboard|
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.