ABBYY Engine is a powerful OCR (optical character recognition) engine that converts any type of Images and Text into a large variety of digital formats. With LEAPWORK release V2.5.918, users can now choose between LEAPWORK's proprietary OCR Engine and ABBYY engine for their automation needs.
NOTE: LEAPWORK supports ABBYY Engine version 12 only. For downloading ABBYY FineReader Engine 12, Login is required on ABBYY's website. It is a PAID Engine for which the user has to purchase a license from ABBYY, and then download the SDK.
User has to perform the following steps to use ABBYY with LEAPWORK:
- Download ABBYY FineReader Engine 12
- Install ABBYY FineReader Engine 12
- How to use ABBYY engine in LEAPWORK
Download ABBYY FineReader Engine 12
- For downloading please click here, and then download the ABBYY version - FineReader Engine 12 for Windows.
How to get a Login
- Once you download the SDK, please uninstall any previous versions of ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 before installing this version.
- To install ABBYY FineReader Engine 12, a Serial Number is required. Please contact your LEAPWORK account manager to acquire a Serial Number.
- To activate the functions of ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 on a computer an Activation file is required. Use the License Manager utility to obtain an Activation file by Internet or e-mail.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip file, click on ABBYY FineReader Engine 12 (64 bit).msi to start the installer.
- As per your OS configuration, select the version you want to install i.e x86 for 32-bit OS and x64 for 64-bit OS, please make sure you install it in the default location.
- After installation, you are ready to use ABBYY in LEAPWORK.
Install ABBYY FineReader Engine 12
There are 2 types of installation with ABBYY
a. Standalone configuration
In this configuration, you install ABBYY FineReader12 on a designated LEAPWORK environment OR on the LEAPWORK Controller. Installing ABBYY FineReader12 on the Agent is the default and recommended configuration.
The installation is done using the Command Prompt. Please do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S, and then type cmd, hit Enter
- Navigate to the folder in which you have extracted the ABBYY installation files.
setup.exe /qb /v INSTALLDIR="c:\Program Files\ABBYY SDK\12\FineReader Engine"
- When the installation is completed
- Double-click on the License Manager i.e. LicenseManager.exe from Bin (for the 32-bit operating system) or Bin64 (for the 64-bit operating system) subfolder in C:\Program Files\ABBYY SDK\12\FineReader Engine" and find the Activate License button
- Enter the license key
b. Network License configuration
This configuration allows you to run ABBYY FineReader on any number of LEAPWORK Environments as defined by you. ABBYY’s Networking License Server (Part of this installation guide) then manages and distributes available license resources to all instances of FineReader running in your network
You need to follow 2 steps:-
Ti) Install Network License Server
Open the “License Server” folder, find and run ABBYY SDK 12 License Server, select TCP/IP.
Continue to install on the designated to be ABBYY license server
ii) Install FineReader Engine 12 on the client machine
The installation method is silent. Before you can install, make sure that the ABBYY installation files are available and unpacked on each machine.
Do the following:
- With Administrator privileges, run a Windows Command prompt (Click on the Windows logo and type “cmd”)
- Navigate to the directory containing the unpacked ABBYY files
- Once in the right folder location, run the following command:
setup.exe /qb /v INSTALLDIR="c:\Program Files\ABBYY SDK\12\
FineReader Engine" LICENSESRV="No" SERVERNAME="<IP ADDRESS OF YOUR NLS>" RegisterCOM=Force
Replace <IP ADDRESS OF YOUR NLS> with the actual IP address of the machine where you have installed the NLS.
- Repeat this exercise per FineReader Engine instance needed.
For more information please visit ABBYY's, Documentation Page.
How to Use ABBYY engine in LEAPWORK
Image and Text blocks now have Engine Drop-down to choose between 'OCR 1.0', 'OCR 2.0' or 'ABBYY'. User needs to choose ABBYY in the drop-down (as shown below) and execute the block to verify that integration is working.
The ABBYY engine can be used as a part of Image and Text Recognition/Mouse and Keyboard section while Adding a Building block. The blocks which have this feature are:
|Image and Text Recognition||Mouse And Keyboard|
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.