It is always advised to take backup as this would prevent any potential data loss in case of accidental deletion. Also take backups before upgrading to a new version of LEAPWORK or moving from one machine to other etc.
In LEAPWORK, you can take backup by 2 ways.
1. If user want to move projects, Dashboards, Environments, Reports and Schedules, then use the copy Asset mechanism (described below).
2. If user wants to move projects and their cases only then Export-Import mechanism should be used.
If you want to take backup of not only the projects, but also the Dashboards, Environments, Reports and Schedules.
- Go to Leapwork folder (by default it’s C:\Program Files\LEAPTEST), zip up the Assets folder. It’s advisable not to include the videos in Automation Runs folders in each project to speed up copy – pasting.
Note:- For Restoring this backup, you need to replace the above Assets folder and refresh the controller in the settings
By Exporting project
If user wants to take backup of projects and their cases only then this should be used. In case of multiple projects you need to repeat below steps for each project.
User can export test by following below steps:
- Click on Projects
- Choose the Project from which the tests have to be exported
- Click On "In-Out" and then Click Export as shown below
- After clicking Export the test selection window will appear, user can either Select all tests to export or choose specific tests.
- After selecting tests user should press Export which will open a "Save As" dialog. Select location to save the zip file and add filename then press save button.
Note:-For restoring this backup of cases you can refer Import tests section from here
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.