SAP GUI Scripting is required in order to Enable UI elements recognition in SAP GUI. User needs to update scripting setting by configuring his client, then the server system that user is connecting to. Below is the step by step process to enable SAP GUI scripting at Client and Server.
The following procedure shows an example with a client running SAP Signature Theme on Windows, the colors and appearance of screen might differ but functionality should be same in higher version with other themes.
Enable scripting in Client SAP GUI
- Click Customize Local Layout, and then click Options.
- Under Accessibility & Scripting click Accessibility and then tick Use accessibility mode, click Ok to save.
- Under Accessibility & Scripting, click Scripting and then tick Enable Scripting and remember to untick all checkbox below, click Ok to save.
Enable Server Side Scripting (the RZ11 parameter)
- Login to SAP, Start transaction RZ11
- On the Maintain Profile Parameters screen, enter “sapgui/user_scripting” and Click Display
- In the Display Profile Parameter Attributes screen, choose Change Value.
- Enter “TRUE” in the new value field, Click the Save Button.
- Check that Current Value is set to TRUE.
- Verify with the SAP Administrator that S_SCR authorization is granted for all required users.
Note: User need to restart SAP GUI after having changed the value from FALSE to TRUE on server side (RZ11).
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.