Uninstall and Re-Install
During the installation it is possible to specify the port number. Be aware that all work done will be removed using this approach.
To un-install Leapwork do the following:
- Open a run box by pressing “LEFT WINDOWS” key and “R”:
- Enter “control panel” and press “ENTER”
- Select “Programs – Uninstall a program” and find Leapwork in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click LEAPWORK and select Uninstall.
To re-install re-run the downloaded installation files used previously or download the latest version from https://leapwork.com/downloads.
Changing the port settings manually
The (very) manual way of changing the port number and avoiding a re-installation is described in the following:
- Stop the LEAPWORK Controller:
- Press Win+R combination to open Run dialog
- Type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter to open Services window
- Find Leapwork Controller and stop it using right mouse button click and “Stop” command.
- Change Leapwork Contoller port:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\LEAPWORK\Controller
- Find controller.config file and open it using Notepad
- Change “ControllerPort” to some other port
- Change LEAPWORK Studio connection address:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\LEAPWORK\Studio
- Find studio.config file and open it using Notepad.
- Change “”ControllerUri”” to the correct address using Port change to at p. 2.
- You need to open the selected port at the system firewall. Note that LEAPWORK installer does that automatically during installation,
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel
- In Control Panel, find and then open Windows Firewall
- In Windows Firewall, click the Advanced settings menu
- Press right mouse button at Inbound Rules and then click New Rule
- Select Port and press Next
- Select TCP rule at the next step and type Specific port
- Select “Allow the connection” and apply rule to “Domain”, “Private” and “Public”
- In the Name box type Leapwork Controller and press Finish
- Repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules.
- Start Leapwork Controller. Just follow the steps from p.1, but use “Start” command at the last step.
- Open Leapwork Studio and check if it can connect to the configured Controller. You can always see the address that Leapwork Studio is trying to connect to the Leapwork Controller with, at the left bottom corner of application.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.