Leapwork fully supports cross browser testing on all modern browsers. Please refer the "Start Web Browser" block, that comes with capability to launch the chosen browser from the available drop-down list as below:
Any test which is created using one of the browser can also be executed on other browsers as well. For this, it requires creation of "Environment" within Leapwork.
Please refer the article Configuring Remote Agent, Browser Stack, Sauce Labs and Selenium Grid for details on how to create/configure an environment.
User can create different environments, specifying a browser for each environment, and then run the same test case on these environments using a schedule. This way a single test case can be executed on several different browsers.
Please refer the below steps for how to achieve the execution of same test on multiple browsers.
- Add a Get variable block to parameterize "Browser to start" field.
- Specify a name for variable and the scope should be chosen as "Schedule".
- The Get variable's "Result value" is input into "Browser to start" the Start Web Browser block as below:
- Create a new schedule and define the variable with the same name as specified in the Get variable block, e.g. "Browser Name" as above, should be used in the schedule variable.
- Select the test case and choose the previously configured "Environment" to be used for test execution on the mentioned browser (here: Firefox browser).
And you're all setup. Now this schedule will execute the test using Firefox browser when triggered. Similarly for testing on other browsers, more schedules can be created with a desired Browser value.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.