All 3 components viz. "LEAPWORK Studio", "LEAPWORK Controller" and "LEAPWORK Agent" can be installed on the following versions of Windows:
- Window 7 (update 1), Windows 8.0 + 8.1, Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016
Also, the OSX version of the LEAPWORK Agent can be installed on OSX 10.8 or newer.
Typically, Studio and the Agents are installed on the desktop versions and the controller is installed on a windows server. (see later).
Studio should be installed on the users normal work station. Studio is comparable to a normal Office installation, so in most cases no special configuration or attention is needed.
The Controller is the central hub in the LEAPWORK system and needs to be configured to accommodate the work load. The work load depends on various parameters, that can all influence how the Controller machine should be configured.
- Number of automation cases
- Complexity of automation cases (duration)
- Frequency of execution of automation cases
The recommendation is to start out with a “standard” server (see below) and then monitor the Controller machine on memory usage, I/O activity, CPU usage etc. and then reduce or increase the machine. The Controller can run on both physical and virtual servers.
- 16 GB RAM
- 4-6 cores
- Flexible and fast disc system (SSD, SAN or similar).
The Agent is used for executing automation cases which can make the configuration of the machine move in 2 directions:
- Simulate application for an end-user:
- In this case the machine should be a similar as possible to the machines the end users will be using. This will increase the reliability of the automation cases.
- Running automation cases in parallel:
- In web automation it’s possible to run browsers in parallel (using a selenium grid) on the same machine. The more powerful the machine, the more browsers can run in parallel.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.