The MacOS test agent can be downloaded and installed on a Mac PC. It means that the test can run on Mac platform, using RDP connection, with the Studio and Controller installed on Windows PC. Refer below steps to achieve this:
1. Change the Mac browser settings so that the package can be downloaded. Hit the apple icon in the browser in the upper left corner of the screen,
Navigate to "System Preferences" - "Security & Privacy" - Change the settings for "Allow apps downloaded from" to "Anywhere".
If the option "Anywhere" can't be found, it means it's not allowed from Gatekeeper Security. This must be allowed to proceed further. For allowing this please follow below steps:
Allow Apps from Anywhere in Gatekeeper Security
- Quit out of System Preferences
- Open the Terminal app from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder and then enter the following command syntax:
sudo spctl --master-disable
- Hit return and authenticate with an admin password
The option “Anywhere” can now be seen under ‘Allow apps downloaded from:’ Gatekeeper options.
Returning to Default Gatekeeper Security
The Gatekeeper Security settings can also be reversed back to the default strict Gatekeeper settings of only allowing apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers by issuing the following command syntax:
sudo spctl --master-enable
Hitting return and re-authenticating will return macOS Gatekeeper back to its strict default state of disallowing random apps from launching.
2. Download and install the latest Agent from https://account.LEAPWORK.com/downloads on the Mac PC. Hit “keep” when asked whether to keep the file.
Note: Make sure that the Mac Agent and the Windows Studio and Controller are of the same version.
3. Locate the installer pkg and double click to launch it. Next, follow the guided tour for Agent Installation:
Click on "Continue" button to proceed with the installer.
Next, Hit the "Continue" button from Software License Agreement section.
Click "Agree" button to accept the Software License Agreement.
Click on "Install" to proceed with installation.
Please enter Password for the account, if prompted.
Please wait for a while until installation is complete. The setup window can be closed by hitting the Close button.
4. Post installation, the agent must be started to execute tests. To start the Agent,
Locate the LEAPWORK Application from "Finder" - "Application"- "LEAPWORK" and double click to launch it.
5. The password can be specified for starting agent, the same password should be used while configuring Environment. Otherwise this can be left blank.
6. The hostname/IP of the Mac should be fetched to start using it on LEAPWORK Studio. Refer the documentation for how to find hostname/IP: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25076?locale=en_US
7. Open LEAPWORK studio on the Windows, create a new environment and use the fetched hostname/IP.
Start testing on Mac!
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.