There are two ways to move your projects from one machine/controller to another:
- If user want to move projects, Dashboards, Environments, Reports and Schedules, then use the copy Asset mechanism (described below).
- If user wants to move projects only then Export-Import mechanism should be used.
If you would like to move not only the projects, but also the Dashboards, Environments, Reports and Schedules.
- Go to Leapwork folder (by default it’s C:\Program Files\LEAPTEST), zip up the Assets folder. It’s advisable not to include the videos in Automation Runs folders in each project to speed up copy – pasting.
- Log out of the Studio on machine A (if you are moving controller then no need to perform this step)
- Download and install the package from https://leapwork.com/downloads on machine B
- Replace the Assets folder on machine B (replace the Asset folder in controller in case you are moving controller) with the Assets folder from machine A.
- Log in the studio and refresh the controller in the settings
- To export your projects from machine A to machine B.
– Expand the projects tab and find the option In-Out.
– Choose all the cases you would like to export (remember to save the changes before exporting)
– Choose the location on your PC where you want to save it.
– Repeat the export for every project you have
– Transfer the files to machine B
- Log out of the studio in the Studio settings
- Download and install the package from https://account.leapwork.com/downloads on machine B
- Log in, create the projects and import cases for each project.
For any clarification, please contact our Priority Support.